Thursday, October 1, 2009

Zooey Says "Do You Vegan Mofo?"


Zooey 8 weeks old
Originally uploaded by jomarb
My Son has his annual Cardiology Check up today so here's a quick survey I stole from Whoa Wren...the coolest Chick in Omaha...(bonus cute kitty picture, just because!). Feel free to copy paste and play along!

Favorite non-dairy milk?
Hemp Milk...I forget the brand cause they only sell one by me.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Pizza of some sort, Corn Chowder and Baked Ziti..I have kids. How exotic can I be?

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Salt. Sometime Earth Balance too ..but Always Salt!

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?

I exploded VWAV Falafel once. There are still grease stains on the ceiling.

5. Favorite pickled item?
Jalapenos or Olives depending on the mood.

6. How do you organize your recipes?
Cookbooks on bookshelf in Kitchen. Tester or internet recipes in binders and folders like you had for school on the same shelf.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash and recycle. I suck at composting.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
Pasta, Pizza, Popcorn

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Cottage Cheese and Noodles. My Grandmother introduced us.. I was hooked.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Purely Decadent Coconut Milk Mango.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Microplan Zester

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Garlic

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Personally? How to Cook Everything Mark Bittman. I still veganize stuff in there all the time

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
EEEW. I don't like jellies and jams.

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Lasagna

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tempeh is my fave. Tofu will do in a pinch.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Brunch! But there is almost never time.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Empty Breadbox with english muffins, bread and granola bars sitting next to it. The insides of my kids laptop lunch boxes.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Scraps for stock, Waffles and ice packs

20. What's on your grocery list?
I have a family of 5...I won't bore you with the details.

21. Favorite grocery store?
My daughter works at ACME so I get a discount and they have online shopping so I would have to go with there. The Naturally Food section of Foodtown has whatever else I need.

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
My Grandmother's Filling. It was full of bread, eggs and chicken liver. I have made some vegan loafs that are very close in flavor and the quiches fit the texture. This Thanksgiving may be the day I finally pull it off.

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Cakemaker to the Stars, Where's The Revolution, Joanna Vaught, A Domestic Affair.

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Any Dark Chocolate that qualifies.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Saffron, its always Saffron due to the price per pound.

26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?
Yuba. I love it for sushi but can't imagine making it or cooking with it.

3 comments:

  1. I love your survey! I hope you don't mind if I use it on my blog, with a link back to you of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this survey doing the rounds.

    And may I say - kitteh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we have a lot in common. Happy MoFoing!

    ReplyDelete