Monday, October 26, 2009

Iron Chef Challenge: Apples and Peanutbutter


apple peanutbutter brownies
Originally uploaded by jomarb

This ones a little late but to be perfectly honest I nearly didn't participate in this week's challenge. First, my daughter is allergic to peanutbutter so I don't use it often because she couldn't eat the food. Also it was my 12th wedding anniversary yesterday so my husband was discouraging me from cooking. But then inspiration struck I thought..well these brownies are incredibly easy and will be nice to eat later on tonight. So here you have it Apple Peanutbutter Brownies. I basically souped up my go to Brownie Recipe and it goes something like this:
Apple Peanut Butter Brownies

What you need:
1/2 cup Earth Balance Margarine
3 1 oz squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Silken Tofu
1/2 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 cup peeled, finely chopped Apples

What you do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil an 8 or 9 inch square pan
In a large sauce pan, melt Earth Balance and Chocolate
When melted remove from heat and add Brown Sugar and Vanilla mixing well.
Using an electric mixer, beat in Silken Tofu until completely combined and no white spots showing.
Beat in Peanut Butter until well blended
Add flour and mix in well.
Fold in apples.
Using a rubber spatula so you get everything out of the pan...scrape/pour batter into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until edges pull from sides of pan.
These are very fudgey gooey brownies so..let them cool completely before cutting. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment